Prof. Melanie Krause, Ph.D.
- The Urbanising Force of Global Warming: The Role of Climate Change in the Spatial Distribution of Population,
joint work with David Castells-Quintana and Tom McDermott, Journal of Economic Geography, Forthcoming. Link to article. Draft version
- Population, Light, and the Size Distribution of Cities,
joint work with Christian Düben. Journal of Regional Science 61(1), 2021, pp.189-211.
Link to article. Online appendix
- Working Papers and Revise & Resubmits
- Top Lights - Bright Cities and Their Contribution to Economic Development,
joint work with Richard Bluhm. CESifo Working Paper 7411, Revise and Resubmit at Journal of Development Economics.
- The Emperor's Geography - City Locations, Nature and Institutional Optimalization,
joint work with Christian Düben. SSRN Working Paper 3713325, Revise and Resubmit at Economic Journal.
- Density, Cities, and Pollution: A Global View,
joint work with David Castells-Quintana and Elisa Dienesch. SSRN Working Paper 3735128, Revise and Resubmit at Ecological Economics.
- The Geographical Determinants of Within-City Heterogeneity in Urban Density,
joint work with André Seidel. CESifo Working Paper 8660.
- Work in Progress
- Regional Convergence at the County Level: The Role of Commuters,
joint work with Sebastian Kripfganz.
- Growth and Spatial Inequality,
joint work with Richard Bluhm and Christian Lessmann.
- Smaller Notes
- Corrigendum to "Elliptical Lorenz Curves" [J. Econom. 40 (1989) 327 - 338], Journal of Econometrics 174, 2013, p.44. Link to article. Draft version.