Prof. Melanie Krause, Ph.D.
I am a tenured Professor at Leipzig University,
holding the Professorship for "Sustainable Real Estate and Urban Development".
Before that, I was a Junior Professor of Economics at Hamburg University.
Welcome to my personal homepage!
My work focuses on Urban and Regional Economics, Development Economics, Income Inequality.
In my data-driven empirical analysis, I use Geo-Spatial Data and Machine Leaning Methods.
Research grant (2017-2020) by the German Research Foundation (DFG) for the project Shining (New) Light on Regional Inequality, Convergence and Development, jointly with Richard Bluhm and Christian Lessmann. Click here for more information.
Click here to download my CV.
- Air Pollution in an Urban World: A Global View on Density, Cities, and Emissions,
joint work with David Castells-Quintana and Elisa Dienesch, Ecological Economics 189, 2021, article 107153. Link to article. Working Paper version
- The Urbanising Force of Global Warming: The Role of Climate Change in the Spatial Distribution of Population,
joint work with David Castells-Quintana and Tom McDermott, Journal of Economic Geography 21(4), 2021, pp.531-556. Link to article. Online appendix. Draft version
- Population, Light, and the Size Distribution of Cities,
joint work with Christian Düben. Journal of Regional Science 61(1), 2021, pp.189-211.
Link to article. Online appendix
- Working Papers
- The Geographical Determinants of Within-City Heterogeneity in Urban Density,
joint work with André Seidel. CESifo Working Paper 8660
- Work in Progress
- Headwind or Tailwind at the Ballot Box? - The Local Effect of Wind Turbines on Green Party Support,
joint work Vincent Stegmaier.
- Zero Waste Cities,
joint work Jane Torbert.
- Smaller Notes
- Corrigendum to "Elliptical Lorenz Curves" [J. Econom. 40 (1989) 327 - 338], Journal of Econometrics 174, 2013, p.44. Link to article. Draft version